HELLA Beamsetters - Instructions for Use
1. Ensure the floor surface is level and flat.
2. Set the light board 3 meters from the lamp.
3. Ensure the light board is aligned centrally to the vehicle.
4. Set the vertical indicator on light board so that it passes through the
vertical line of the lamp to be tested. (Note: If you are checking a dual
headlamp system the vertical indicator must be reset to the centre of
each individual lamp).
5. Set the TOP horizontal indicator on light board so that it passes through
the horizontal centre line of lamp to be tested.
6. Set the lower line according to the scale below:
a. 90 - 105mm below the first line if the lights are Symmetrical.
b. Asymmetric Headlights:
i. Centre of headlight < 0.8m above ground: 30 - 45 mm
ii. Centre of headlight 0.8 - 1.2m above ground: 30 - 60 mm
iii. Centre of headlight > 1.2m above ground: 60 - 75 mm
Adjust the headlights as follows:
7. For Asymmetrical lights, with the motor running and the headlamps in the dipped position, adjust the
headlamp so that the point where the light rises from the horizontal is directly below the centre mark.
8. For Symmetrical lights, with the motor running and the headlamps in the high-beam position, adjust
the headlamp so that the centre of the beam lies where the top horizontal and vertical marks