Hella-New Zealand Limited
Auckland Manukau & East Auckland
About the business
HELLA New Zealand (HNZ) is part of the HELLA Asia Pacific Group. Today the company designs and manufactures innovative lighting products for the commercial transport, marine and automotive industries, using the latest LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology. With these products HNZ is a supplier to the automotive manufacturers and commercial transport fleets all over the world. HELLA is a prominent brand in the New Zealand aftermarket and in the commercial transport sector, with key relationships with original equipment bus, coach and trailer manufacturers.
About the role
Our business is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Planner to contribute to the planning of our production schedules in SAP. This is an in-depth planning role, requiring someone with experience working in a busy, complex manufacturing environment.
You will work in an established team handling all aspects of our production planning and scheduling to balance customer demand and production efficiency. In conjunction with the current Production Planner, you will share responsibility for creating, modifying, and managing our production schedules and plans to ensure that the manufacturing site delivers on time and to the highest standards.
Reporting into the Logistics Manager, you will have the ability to work with orders of all sizes, allowing time for equipment maintenance, product testing, and urgent sample orders, as well as the usual pressure of customers wanting their orders as soon as possible!
The successful individual will be accountable for the following:
- Reviewing all planned orders and releasing production orders accordingly
- Ensuring materials availability to support the production plan and escalating materials expedite requirements or shortages to Supply planners accordingly
- Balancing demand with available materials, resources and capacity and in accordance with specified inventory levels and availability targets
- Reviewing daily MRP exception messages and actioning as required
- Monitoring productivity and efficiency and escalating risks accordingly
- Coordinating subcontractor requirements and making materials available
- Monitoring material flow in production and escalating any bottlenecks accordingly
- Using, operating and evaluating the manufacturing execution system (MES).
- Evaluating and maintaining the capacity planning systems.
- Maintaining material master data, including safety stock settings, lot sizes, production lead times, planning parameters (in accordance with defined stock-holding targets and management instructions)
- Investigating stock discrepancies and material transaction errors, participating in root cause analysis, recommending and posting corrections in accordance with established procedure
- Actively look to improve business processes related to production planning or material flow
- Contribute to improvement initiatives, including inventory optimisation, forecast accuracy, machine occupancy, resource planning, defining optimum batch and run sizes
- Creating, checking and optimizing a multi-shift production plan with the aim of achieving a set weekly plan, as well as creating and following up actions plans based on deviations with the aim of achieving high plan fulfilment.
Benefits and perks
In return we offer you a working environment where you will learn and grow. You will have the opportunity to grow your skillset and develop in your chosen career.
Skills and experience
- 5 years’ planning/scheduling experience in a high volume, high quality manufacturing environment or similar role (preferably automotive / electronics)
- Accustomed to managing multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
- Sound operational planning skills, with an understanding of tactical planning
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Skilled problem solver with the ability to collaborate with other to achieve a resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
If this sounds like you, please submit your application by clicking APPLY NOW and send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages)
Only applicants who currently reside in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
- Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?